Christian lives in Burpham with his wife Tammy and works as a Planning Consultant (Chartered Town Planner-MRTPI) in London, helping clients negotiate the planning system.
Christian represented Burpham on Guildford Borough Council between 2011 and 2019.
Political and Community Experience:
- Elected Chairman of the Burpham Neighbourhood Forum May 2018 and re-elected May 2019
- Lead Co-ordinator for the Vote Leave campaign Guildford (EU Referendum) 2016.
- Re-elected to represent Burpham on Guildford Borough Council in May 2015 (to May 2019)
- Deputy Chairman (Political) of the Guildford Conservative Association 2012-2015.
- Elected to represent Burpham on Guildford Borough Council 2011, taking the seat from the Liberal Democrats.
- Parliamentary Candidate for Swansea East in the 2010 General Election, securing a 4.7% swing to the Conservatives.
- Appointed a member of Lord Hesetine’s Cities Taskforce 2006.
- Appointed to the Board of Trustees of ‘Consult’ 2006.
- Deputy Chairman, Guildford Conservative Future 2006.
- Branch Chairman, Harbour Ward, Folkestone 2004.
- Candidate in the local elections of 2003 and 2004.
- Deputy Chairman (Membership & Finance) of the Swansea East Conservative Association (2000-2002).
- Treasurer of Swansea Conservative Future (2000-2001).
- Planning Consultant (London-based) 2017 to present.
- Planning Consultant (Surrey-based) 2005 to 2017
- Planning Consultant (Kent-based) 2004.
- National Assembly for Wales 2002-2004.
- Town and Country Planning (MA), University of the West of England, 2005—2007.
- Urban Planning (MSc), Cardiff University 2001-2002.
- Development Studies (BScEcon), Swansea University 1998-2001.